Designed specifically to provide the unique but vital measurement of sulphuric acid dewpoint temperature, the portable Lancom 200 supports boiler efficiency checks, corrosion protection and the management of high-cost fuel additives.
Easy-to-use ADT monitoring lets boiler operators balance acid emissions with efficiency, reducing the risk of corrosion in the boiler and wasted heat/fuel. This lowers operational costs and reduces harmful sulphate aerosol emissions.
Optimise fuel additives such as MgO
- Assess SO3 slip within an ESP to improve ash collection efficiency whilst minimising acid aerosol emissions
- Improve Air Heater efficiency by managing fouling
- Minimise maintenance caused by cold-end corrosion in maintaining the exit gas above the temperature of the dewpoint
- Monitor acid aerosol emissions (H2SO4 / SO3)
- Monitor and reduce acid smut emissions
Focal-Point Technology has the in-house experience to
Condensing acids form in process exhaust gas through a number of contributing factors
Sulphur content of fuel
SO2 content of gas
Excess combustion O2
Catalytic effects – eg V2O5 presence in fuel
These factors are difficult to measure individually, whereas dewpoint can be easily measured and empircally correlated to process conditions